There are many employee performance management solutions out there, however most of them are outdated and do not add value to the employee nor the employer. Having reviewed and used many employee performance management software, I have conclude that an EPM software should at least have the following features:
- Allow goals and objectives to be linked to overall business strategy - This way the employee would easily understand how his goals and objectives help his company grow.
- Effective goal management - The software should be structure in a way that allows the employee and the manager to review edit and add goals through the performance cycle. Not just in the beginning or the end of the cycle.
- Feedback requests aligned to goals and objectives - Each feedback requested should be specific to an employee goal or objective. This way the feedback provider will be forced to be specific when providing feedback.
- Data-driven feedback forms - A "datafied" feedback approach will enhance the objectivity of the feedback and reduces subjectivity. Something I found missing from every system I have used so far.
- Anonymous feedback - The user should have the option to provide anonymous feedback to peers or managers. This will also enhance objectivity and address "elephants in the room" in terms of behaviour and attitude towards people.
- Learning curriculum linked to goals and objectives - This will help the employee to address skills he or she wants to build with a direct correlation to goals and objectives. - Clearly the business will also benefit as training is targeting performance.
- Social media APIs - From LinkedIn to Facebook and Twitter, it is clear that social media play a significant role in our life. Bringing it to our workplace will definitely enhance performance.
- Extensive analytics - Each piece of information collected should be analysed in such way that will allow better decision making. Such reports can be employee comparison, employee SWOT analysis, balanced scorecard, historic performance analysis.
- Talent growth focus - The purpose of the process other than enhancing performance should be to build on employee talents. This can be done by addressing employee potential in comparison to current performance.
Feel free to read our other blogs, reviews or FAQ’s to find out more. You can even try our platform in a free 14-day trial with no subscription needed.
Alternatively, you can also email us directly at [email protected].
Return to blog