The pillars of employee performance management
There are three pillars in an employee performance management cycle:
- Performance behaviour refers to the behavioural attributes the employee demonstrated throughout the performance cycle e.g. leadership, team work, communication.
- Skills Development refers to the competencies the employee has and develops through out the performance cycle, these can be technical and non-technical.
- Career growth refers to the employee plans for the future and career direction he wants to pursue.
In addition to the pillars there are three process steps in the employee performance management cycle:
- Planning refers to setting goals and objectives during the employee performance cycle.
- Mentoring & Feedback refers to coaching peers and your team and providing feedback.
- Performance evaluation refers to the performance review at the end of the employee performance cycle.
The three pillars of employee performance management
There are three main pillars in the employee performance management cycle. In addition to the pillars there are also three main processes that revolve around the three pillars.